Use the app to maintain connections from Congress
The Congress mobile app will function until 30 April 2017. After that date, participants who have downloaded the app and are logged in will still be able to view information cached on their device but will not be able to download new information or send messages to participants.
We encourage you to connect with the peers you have met at Congress and exchange your contact information. To use the app to help with this, please log into the app, enable other participants to view your contact information (if you choose) and check whether peers have tried to reach out to you via the in-app messaging.
Note that you can export contact information of individual participants by clicking on the participant details from the participant list and then by clicking on the little “+Add Contact” icon at the bottom right of the page. Your username is the email address you used when registering. If you do not remember your password, you can recover it by clicking the “Forgot your password?” link on the login page.
|Download iOS App||Download Android App||Access WebApp|
The iOS app runs on iphones and ipads iOS 8 and 9. The Android app runs on android phones 2.3-5.0. Blackberry users please use Access WebApp.
The app will allow you to:
- See who else is coming to the Congress and interact with other participants
- Create your personalized schedule for the Congress and find the best way to get from one session to the next
- See up to the minute updates about Congress sessions and other news during the Congress
- Find information about speakers at the High Level Sessions and discover all exhibits and posters
- Save paper and reduce waste by using the application instead of paper communication and organisational materials (note that there will be no printed programme)
- Take advantage of many more useful features
Thank you to the Sustainable Forestry Initiative for sponsoring the Congress mobile app
The app is available for registered participants only. The login is your email address and password your registration. You can always find your registration number in the confirmation email you received from the Registration Center or by logging into the registration system.
To make best use of the app and your experience at Congress we recommend the following:
- Use Firefox, Safari, or Chrome to browse the web version of the app
- Connect regularly to the app and check out who of your peers is attending (You can search for attendees by name, organization name and country)
- Choose your preferred language in your profile settings
- Decide whether you would like other participants to see your email or phone number and/or be able to message you within the app
- Send messages to participants by clicking the little envelope next to their names in the attendee list. Regularly check the app to see whether you received any messages. You will not get email notifications when a message is sent to you. If you don’t receive answers to messages you sent, check whether you have enabled messaging in your profile settings.
- Create your personalized programme. Simply click on the Favorite button at the bottom left of the session details. This will populate your programme that you can then use to manage your schedule at the Congress.
Please note that if you cannot find yourself in the attendee list, this is because you had indicated not to share your contact details with participants when you registered for the Congress. If you changed your mind and would like to appear in the attendee list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will change it for you.
Please note that for the mobile app email addresses have to be unique. If you have registered several participants with the same email address, only one of them has been uploaded in the app. Should you wish your other participants to make use of the app, please contact the Registration Center at email@example.com to have the email address updated.
More information will be added to the app in the coming weeks so please visit it regularly.